Pro-life activist David Daleiden has stated that his organization will soon release more undercover videos that he had recorded while he was investigating Planned Parenthood's alleged involvement in the sales of baby body parts.
Daleiden, who serves as the project lead at Center for Medical Progress (CMP), said that the unreleased footages are "some of the most damning and incriminating tapes that we ever recorded."
"Close to half of the video footage that I ever gathered still has never seen the light of day," he said during a live webcast on Thursday, as reported by Life Site News.
Daleiden has recently been held in contempt of court for releasing videos that are under a gag order issued by Judge William Orrick. He is also currently facing 15 felony charges that were filed by California Attorney General Xavier Becerra in connection with the recordings.
In June, the San Francisco Superior Court dropped 14 of the 15 criminal charges against Daleiden, but all 15 charges were re-filed by Becerra. Daleiden could face massive fines and decades in prison if convicted.
Pro-life leaders held the webcast on Thursday in an attempt to update the public about what they described as a "huge, new breakthrough" in the case.
During the webcast, the pro-life leaders announced that an anonymous donor has pledged to match donations up to $500,000, dollar for dollar.
So far, the case has already cost $1.4 million, and it is expected to cost more. "Our costs are humongous. They're up in seven figures. And yet that's working on a shoestring," said Tom Brejcha of the Thomas More Society, which is helping Daleiden in his legal battle.
Daleiden contended that his undercover work is "is no different than what local news journalists in the state of California do every single day when they use undercover video to expose things that the public otherwise wouldn't know are going on." He further stated that the abortion industry is "terrified of the remaining video tapes coming to light."
"They know that their true motives, their true actions ... the way that they run their abortion practice (is) exposed on those tapes." he went on to say.
A crowdfunding campaign for the matching grant is expected to be launched sometime this week. In the meantime, the Thomas More Society is accepting donations to help with the case through its website.
Other participants in the webcast included international pro-life activist David Bereit; Live Action Founder and President Lila Rose; Susan B. Anthony List President Marjorie Dannenfelser; former Los Angeles County District Attorney Steve Cooley and former Los Angeles Deputy District Attorney Brent Ferreira.